There doesn’t seem to be a week that passes where an institution of our scene is under threat of closure and unfortunately one of Romania’s most celebrated record stores Misbits is in need of your support. Having struggled to remain in action during the early periods of COVID-19 Miss I’s labour of love has faced difficult times and is now throwing the conversation out to the floor for help.
The Bucharest record store has for the past 7 years been a home for many minimal and underground music fans, artists, and newcomers wishing to expand their record collections and broaden their musical tastes. However, with business income inevitably having profound consequences on the store remaining open Miss I has taken the hard decision to open up about her plight.
As well as the welcome donations allowing running costs to be covered over the next few months any additional money will be put towards the store’s yard/terrace area being repurposed in order to accommodate future events and so bringing in a new revenue stream to the store.
So, as well as donating funds to a well-respected pillar of the Romanian music scene each amount will be matched with a unique gift.
- For 48+ RON (10+ EURO) donators will be sent special stickers – Proud Supporter of Misbits
- 73+ RON (15+ EURO) – special Misbits badge + Special stickers
- 97+ RON (20+ EURO) – 15% discount off your next purchase from www.misbits.ro + all of the above
- 170+ RON (35+ EURO) – A2 Poster with Misbits murals and your name will be written on our wall + all of the above
- 242+ RON (50+ EURO) – exclusive access to recorded sets of MISS I [2010-present] and a private collection of Misbits Photos + all of the above
- 363+ RON (75+ EURO) – the first 20 donors who offer 75 euro or more will receive a limited edition Misbits T-Shirt with a hidden cloth for cleaning records + all of the above
- Last, for donations of 484+ RON (100+ EURO) – a custom wood board with your name engraved + all of the above.
We all know that times are tough at the moment but know that your hard-earned money will be going towards sustaining a valued outlet for underground music not just in Romania but world-wide.